Polyphase Systems 1 - DVD
This 26-minute DVD explains what polyphase systems are, and differences between wye and delta systems. Illustrates various transformer bank connections using phasor diagrams. Shows examples of polyphase transformer banks and their external connections.
Polyphase Systems – 6 minutes
Defines polyphase and describes how the parts of a polyphase system are distinguished from one another. Describes how a polyphase system is different from a single-phase system. Gives examples of where polyphase systems exist in a utility's operating system.
Wye Systems – 6 minutes
Using diagrams, describes the characteristics of a wye-connected system.
Delta Systems – 7 minutes
Using diagrams, describes the characteristics of a delta-connected system.
Transformer Connections – 7 minutes
Describes transformer connections for:
- Three-phase, four-wire wye-connected polyphase systems
- Three-phase, three-wire closed delta-connected polyphase systems
- Three-phase, four-wire closed delta-connected polyphase systems
- Three-phase, three-wire open delta-connected polyphase systems
- Three-phase, four-wire open delta-connected polyphase systems